About the Center
Mission for life:
Nurturing the integration between engineering, exact sciences, life sciences and medicine, the Lokey Center will empower the development of new drugs and medical technologies from the drawing board through the test tube, to the patient's bed. This new center will be the jewel in the crown of the Technion's impressive history of scientific, medical and high-tech accomplishments.
The Center is the blueprint for multidisciplinary activity at the Technion. As Israel's first institute of higher education, with a reputation in engineering and molecular science, it is inevitable that the Technion would be part of bringing the winds for future change. The center will also drive Israel's life science industry, bringing direction to the application of creative thought and all-encompassing knowledge for the good of the planet and mankind.
Recent developments in science and technology have created exciting opportunities to blend life sciences and engineering:
- Dramatic development of molecular biology
- Exponential increase in computing power
- Promise of nanotechnology
- Accelerated development of new compounds
- Bridging biological systems and technology
- New biotechnological products
- New diagnostic and therapeutic tools
- Provide a better understanding of life processes