Proteomics, immunology, cancer vaccine, mass spectrometry, HLA peptidome, MAPK signaling these are the field research details
My main research interest focuses on molecular immunology, with a special interest HLA-peptidomics; the research field aimed at characterization of the full repertoires of HLA peptides presented by human cells (HLA peptidome). Another focus of my research is cellular signal transduction with emphasis the molecular events taking place during the action of hormones and other stimuli through the MAPKs pathways. Both of these research directions rely heavily on the use of the modern tools of proteomics, especially mass spectrometry and bioinformatics. Therefore, much of my research efforts are directed at advancing these important technologies and methodologies and promoting their use in these fields. Another direction for the HLA peptidomics studies is aimed at defining its components, which may elicit the undesired immune response during autoimmunity and inflammatory diseases.
3. Infantes S, Lorente E, Barnea E, Beer I, Cragnolini JJ, García R, Lasala F, Jiménez M, Admon A, López D. (2010) Multiple, non-conserved, internal viral ligands naturally presented by HLA-B27 in human respiratory syncityal virus-infected cells. Mol Cell Proteomics. 9(7) 1533-1539.
4. Michal Bassani-Sternberg, Eilon Barnea, Ilan Beer, Irit Avivi, Tami Katz and Arie Admon. (2010) New cancer diagnosis paradigm based on analysis of the serum soluble human leukocyte antigen peptidome, Feature article, PNAS, 107, 18769-76.
5. Lorente E, Infantes S, Barnea E, Beer I, García R, Lasala F, Jiménez M, Admon A, and D. López (2011) TAP-independent human histocompatibility complex-Cw1 antigen processing of an HIV envelope protein conserved peptide. AIDS 25(2):265-9.
6. Arie Admon and Michal Bassani-Sternberg. The Human Immunopeptidome Project, a Suggestion for yet another Post-Genome Next Big Thing. (2011) Mol. Cell Proteomics, Aug 2.
7. Atara Novak, Michal Amit, Tamar Ziv, Hanna Segev, Bettina Fishman, Arie Admon and Josef Itskovitz-Eldor, (2012) Proteomics Profiling of Human Embryonic Stem Cells in the Early Differentiation Stage. Stem Cell Reviews and Reports, 8(1): p. 137-49.