Sensors; Nanomaterial-Based Devices; Flexible Devices; Electronic Skin; Volatile Biomarkers; Non-Invasive Diagnosis; Breath Analysis.
• Development and characterization of nanomaterial-based artificial skin.
• Development and characterization of integrated sensing matrixes.
• Self-administered plasters for the detection of Tuberculosis via skin.
• Understanding the (gaseous) sensing mechanism of molecule-terminated silicon nanowire field effect transistors.
• Development and characterization of nanomaterial-based sensors and nanomedical artificial olfactory systems (so-called, NA-NOSE).
• Diagnosing and monitoring cancer (lung, breast, colon, gastric, ovarian, kidney, bladder, and head&neck cancers) via breath samples.
• Early detection of lung cancer through bronchial epithelial gene changes – towards targeted therapy.
• Detection and classification of internal diseases (e.g., Chronic and Acute Kidney Failure, Intentional Bowl Disease (IBD), Crohn’s disease, Pulmonary Hypertension, Toxemia, etc.) via breath samples.
• Detection and classification of neurodegenerative diseases (Parkinson, Alzheimer, and Multiple Sclerosis) via exhaled breath samples.
1. Wang, B.; Cancilla, J. C.; Torrecilla, J.; Haick, H. Artificial Sensing Intelligence with Silicon Nanowires for Ultra-Selective Detection in the Gas Phase. Nano Lett. 14, 933-938 (2014).
2. Haick, H.; Broza, Y. Y.; Mochalski, P.; Ruzsanyi, V.; Amann, A.* Assessment, Origin, and Implementation of Breath Volatile Cancer Markers. Chem. Soc. Rev. 43, 1423-1449 (2014).
3. Konvalina, G; Haick, H. Sensors for Breath Testing: From Nanomaterials to Comprehensive Disease Detection. Acc. Chem. Res. 47, 66–76 (2014) – An Invited Review.
4. Segev-Bar, M.; Haick, H. Flexible Sensors Based on Nanoparticles. ACS Nano 7, 8366–8378 (2013).
5. Peled, N.; Barash, O.; Tisch, U.; Ionescu, R.; Ilouze, M.; Mattei, M.; Bunn, P. A. Jr R., Hirsch, F. R.; Haick, H. Volatile Fingerprints of Cancer Specific Genetic Mutations. Nanomedicine (New York, NY, US) 9(6), 758-766 (2013).