Systems Immunology & Precision Medicine.
Research Summary for the Systems Immunology and Precision Medicine Lab
Research in the lab is focused on three main themes: (A) Basic Research in Systems Immunology, (B) Methodology development for extracting meaningful information from Big Data in Immunology and (C) the use of the methods and tools of the lab in the applied direction of forwarding Precision Medicine diagnostics and therapeutics. Many projects in the lab closely intertwine and mix all three themes. We also have have the pleasure of with a large network of collaborators, both local to the Technion, (in the med-school, biology and engineering) and external, in Israel and Internationally.
A) Basic Research in Systems Immunology
1) Robust or bust?- The effects of chronic inflammation on immune response
2) Personalized Homeostasis- Identification of Genetic Determinants and regulators of immune cell response.
B) Methodology development for extracting meaningful information from Big Data in Immunology
1) Connect the dots – a computational knowledgebase of the immune literature
2) Bridging the gap – Methods for Improved Inference of Human-Mouse Differences
3) Digging deep- Methods for high resolution analysis of cell-type information.
C) Forwarding Precision Medicine diagnostics and therapeutics
1) Tailoring therapy- Predicting patient responses to immunomodulatory therapy
2) Getting the big picture – Establishing a cell-specific genomic nosology