Reactive oxygen species, catalytic antioxidants, diabetes, atherosclerosis, neurodegenerative diseases, cancer
Drug discovery, with focus on diseases that involve oxidative stress.
Collaborations at the Technion:
Prof. Michael Aviram, Rappaport Faculty of Medicine
Prof. Moussa B. H. Youdim, Rappaport Faculty of Medicine
Prof. Derek LeRoith, Rambam Medical Center
1. A. Haber, I. Angel, A. Mahammed, and Z. Gross. “Combating diabetes complications by 1-Fe, a corrole-based catalytic antioxidant” J. Diabetes Complications 2013, in press.
2. A. Haber, M. Aviram, and Z. Gross “Variables that influence cellular uptake and cytotoxic/cytoprotective effects of macrocyclic iron complexes” Inorg. Chem. 2012, 51, 28-30.
3. P. Lim, A. Mahammed, Z. Okun, I. Saltsman, Z. Gross, H. B. Gray, and J. Termini “Differential Cytostatic and Cytotoxic Action of Metallocorroles Against Human Cancer Cells: Potential Platforms for Anticancer Drug Development”, Chem. Res. Toxicol. 2012, 25, 400-409.
4. Z. Okun, L. Kuperschmidt, M. B. H. Youdim and Z. Gross “Cellular uptake and organ accumulation of amphipolar metallocorroles with cytoprotective and cytotoxic properties” Anti Cancer Agents in Medicinal Chemistry 2011, 11, 380-384.
5. J. Y. Hwang, J. Lubow, D. Chu, J. Ma, H. Agadjanian, J. Sims, H. B. Gray, Z. Gross, D. L. Farkas, and L. K. Medina-Kauwe “A mechanistic study of tumor-targeted corrole toxicity”, ACS Mol. Pharmaceutics 2011, 8, 2233-2243.